The Complete Guide to Snap Ads
This is a concise, but complete, guide to the ins and out of Snap Ads. We are an OFFICIAL Snapchat Advertising Partner (verify here). We share minimum ad spend numbers, fees, targeting, formats, etc. If you have any questions, contact us today!
Last updated: August 6, 2018.
Snap Ads Details:
*Minimum Ad Spend – $1,500/month (month to month contract) [Note: Geofilters and other options are available for budgets under $1.5k – contact us to learn more]
- Snap Ads Management Fee – % of total ad spend with $1,500/month minimum retainer
- Countries Available – United States, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, Austria, Chile, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Belgium, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Singapore, and Switzerland and more being added every day.
- Target by mobile OS (Android or iOS), cell service carrier, connection type (WiFi or mobile data), device make, etc.
- Demographic Targeting Options – Snapchat allows targeting using both 1st and 3rd party data. Some of these options include Location, Past Location, Gender, Age, Household Income, Household Makeup (presence of children, etc.), Education Level, Life events, Occupation, Marital Status, Interests, and more.
- Targeting Options – Goal-based bidding awareness, consideration (app installs, website visits, app engagement, web engagements, video views, and lead generation), and website conversions (purchases and lead generation). We can create lookalike, exact match, and engagement audiences to advance campaigns to the next level.
- Ad Reporting Metrics – Impressions, click rate, swipe-up rate, video views (reporting views to 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%), average screen time, installs, internal app actions, conversions such as add to cart, add billing info, searches, page views, checkout, etc., and ‘cost-per’ metrics associated with each of those categories.
- Tracking Options – Snapchat pixel (user-based tracking), 3rd-party analytics (site-based tracking)
- Ad-Type Options – Snap Ads (engageable 3-10 second video ad with CTA), Story Ads (multi-content engagement ad with multiple attachments/CTAs), Geo-filters (National, Local, and Multi-location), Lenses (both world lenses and face lenses are available)
- Types of Engagements and Calls to Action – Awareness Growth, Video views, App installs (swipe-up leads to app install page), Web views (swipe-up leads to landing page of your choice – can be gamified, show content, collect information, etc.), App Engagement, and Website Conversions.
- Ad Creative Options – Full-screen mobile video, image, gif, options with audio. Filter and lens options without audio. Snapchat provides a full sight, sound, and motion experience for your users. (click here for video specs)
- Are you interested in starting a campaign on Snapchat? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re your team from creative and strategy, to execution and management. Click the the link below and let’s get you started on making more money. It’s a snap!
- Snap Ad interest targeting options:
“Activities/Sports”Adventure Sports, Fitness, Snow Sports, Running, Sports, Motor Sports, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, College Football, Hockey, Combat Sports, Soccer, Tennis, Beach & Watersports, Skates/Bikes/Boards“Lifestyles/Hobbies”Arts & Culture, Beauty, Reading, Fashion & Style, Autos & Vehicles, Nightlife, Investing & Entrepreneurship, Food, Technology & Gadgets, Travel, Women’s Lifestyle, Math & Science, Home Decor, Men’s Lifestyle, Outdoors & Nature, College Life, Streaming Video, DIY, Hip Trends, Pets & Animals, Fast Food Junkies, Cooking, Parenting & Family, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Green Living, Photography“Music”Music, Country Music, Concerts & Festivals, Indie Music, Dance & EDM Music, Pop Music, Urban & Hip-Hop Music“News/Entertainment”Film & TV, Comedy, Reality TV, News, Business News, Celebrity News, Political News, Video Games, Console Games
Check out two Snap Ads case studies below!