The Complete Guide to Snap Ads
This is a concise, but complete, guide to the ins and out of Snap Ads. We are an OFFICIAL Snapchat Advertising Partner (verify here). We share minimum ad spend numbers, fees, targeting, formats, etc. If you have any questions, contact us today!
Last updated: June 7, 2018.
Snap Ads Details:
- Minimum Ad Spend – $1,500/month (month to month contract) [Note: Options available for budgets under $1k – contact us to learn more]
- Snap Ads Management Fee – 20% of total ad spend with $1,000/month minimum (lower if spend is $30k+)
- Countries Available – United States, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Italy, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Turkey, Austria, Chile, Egypt, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Belgium, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Singapore, and Switzerland and more being added every day.
- Target by mobile OS (Android or iOS), cell service carrier, connection type (WiFi or mobile data), device make, etc.
- Demographic Targeting Options – Location, Gender, Age, Household Income, Household Makeup (presence of children, etc.), Education Level, Life events, Occupation, Marital Status, Interests, and more. (See full list of current interest targeting options below)
- Targeting Options – Goal-based bidding for app installs, Lookalike audiences, Customer match (by email or mobile IDs), Retargeting (only retargeting based on actions within Snapchat), “Snap to Store” (offline conversions)
- Ad Reporting Metrics – Impressions, click rate, swipe-up rate, video views (reporting views to 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%), average screen time, installs, internal app actions, conversions such as add to cart, add billing, info, searches, page views, checkout, etc., and ‘cost-per’ metrics associated with each of those categories.
- Tracking Options – Vanity URLs, UTM tags, mobile-friendly landing page
- Ad-Type Options – Awareness Growth, Video views, App installs (swipe-up leads to app install page), Web views (swipe-up leads to landing page of your choice – can be gamified, show content, collect information, etc.), App Engagement
- Ad Creative Options – Vertical video, may include still images (click here for video specs)
- Snapchat recently opened up programmatic advertising to fill space inside the content sections of the app (not available to the public yet)
- Story Ads in the Discover section are now available
- Lenses are also available for increased user engagement
- Are you interested in starting a campaign on Snapchat? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re your team from creative and strategy, to execution and management. Click the the link below and let’s get you started on making more money. It’s a snap!
Snap Ad interest targeting options:“Activities/Sports”Adventure Sports, Fitness, Snow Sports, Running, Sports, Motor Sports, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Golf, College Football, Hockey, Combat Sports, Soccer, Tennis, Beach & Watersports, Skates/Bikes/Boards“Lifestyles/Hobbies”Arts & Culture, Beauty, Reading, Fashion & Style, Autos & Vehicles, Nightlife, Investing & Entrepreneurship, Food, Technology & Gadgets, Travel, Women’s Lifestyle, Math & Science, Home Decor, Men’s Lifestyle, Outdoors & Nature, College Life, Streaming Video, DIY, Hip Trends, Pets & Animals, Fast Food Junkies, Cooking, Parenting & Family, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Green Living, Photography“Music”Music, Country Music, Concerts & Festivals, Indie Music, Dance & EDM Music, Pop Music, Urban & Hip-Hop Music“News/Entertainment”Film & TV, Comedy, Reality TV, News, Business News, Celebrity News, Political News, Video Games, Console Games
Check out two Snap Ads case studies below!