Instagram Stories Are Exploding, And You Need to Be Advertising On Them
Instagram Stories is growing extremely fast, like hockey stick fast. They recently announced that they have
250 Million daily users 400 million daily users (as of June 2018). And the company announced in January 2017 the ability to run ads inside of Instagram Stories. Here are the details…
What does an Instagram Story Ad Look Like?
- Instagram ads are a full screen vertical ad.
- Businesses can target ads by reach, video views, traffic, conversions, app installs and brand awareness.
- Choose from 5-second image ads or 15-second video ads.
- Businesses get analytics on reach, impressions, replies, and exits. These are viewable in the Insights section of the business profile.
Instagram Story Ad Requirements:
- 9×16 image ratio
- Recommended image size of 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Maximum time of fifteen seconds
- 4:5 vertical aspect ratio
- Recommendations for .mp4, .mov, or .gif files
- Minimum width of 600 pixels
- Maximum file size of 4GB
At launch the ads did not have the ability to click through to a website, but Instagram Story ads now provide the options for users to swipe up if they want to “learn more”, “start shopping”, etc.
Currently, Instagram Stories ads will be sold on a CPM basis, and priced via auction.
As a user, the following is nice: we won’t see ads until you start cycling through multiple stories from friends.
Want to be inspired? Take a look at some these successful Instagram Story Ad Campaigns from companies like Burger King, Perrier, and more! Then be sure to contact us to get started on your campaign!