Last updated: July 26, 2019
Snapchat is growing fast! Below are all the key statistics you need to know about the social platform.
- Monthly active users: 350 Million+
- Daily active users: 203 Million
- Daily active users in the US/Canada: Over 100 Million
- Number of daily video views: Around 14 Billion
- Average time spent per user each day on Snapchat: About 28 minutes
- Percentage of daily reach to 13-24 year olds in the U.S.: 90%
- Percentage of daily reach to 13-34 year olds in the U.S.: 75%
- Amount of time users interact with Snap Ads: Over 30 seconds on average
- 80% of Snapchat users use the app at a restaurant
- 66% of users use the app while shopping
- 50% use the app at gyms
- 49% at airports
Snapchat Audience Exclusivity
This is an important concept to grasp – the audience exclusivity that Snapchat has is unique. Take a look at the graph below from a study by AppAnnie:
Facebook’s global reach, marketers should take notice that a significant number of Snapchat users are not using Facebook on a daily basis.
According to a study by eMarketer, Snapchat leads the way for teens ages 12-17 as well as the 18-24 bucket. Take a look at the data below:
*All statistics are approximate.