Last updated: February 6, 2021
Snapchat is growing fast! Below are all the key statistics you need to know about the social platform.
- Monthly active users: Almost 400 Million
- Daily active users: 265 Million
- Daily active users in the US/Canada: Over 100 Million
- Daily active users of Snap’s Augmented Reality features: 200 Million
- Monthly active users of Spotlight: 100 Million
- Number of daily video views: Around 18 Billion
- Number of daily Snaps created: Over 5 Billion
- Average time spent per user each day on Snapchat: Over 30 minutes
- Percentage of daily reach to 13-24 year olds in the U.S.: Over 90%
- Percentage of daily reach to 13-34 year olds in the U.S.: Over 75% (78 million)
- Amount of time users interact with Snap Ads: Over 30 seconds on average
- Snap Map reaches 250 million monthly active users
- Snap Games have been played by over 100 million users
- Over 135 million people create Augmented Reality experiences with the Snap camera every day
- 125 million people got their news from Snapchat over the last year
- Over 60 Snapchat Shows have get at least 10 million viewers per month
- Time spent watching Discover content has increased 35% year over year
Snapchat Audience Exclusivity
This is an important concept to grasp – the audience exclusivity that Snapchat has is unique. Take a look at the graph below from a study by AppAnnie:
Facebook’s global reach, marketers should take notice that a significant number of Snapchat users are not using Facebook on a daily basis.
According to a study by eMarketer, Snapchat leads the way for teens ages 12-17 as well as the 18-24 bucket. Take a look at the data below:
*All statistics are approximate.